Saturday, November 8, 2008

Snow!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay everybody, I know it has been a really long time since I have updated my blog but I'm finally getting around to it. Work has been really busy and it is starting to settle into a steady pace.

The weather has been fanstastic here! It changes a lot! It starts out cold, and then usually warms up to cool to fairly warm. We have definitely had our cold snaps though! As a matter of fact we have actually had two snows already. The first snow was on October 13th and was just a dusting a couple of times but the ground was too warm for it to stick around.

The second time was on October 21st. We got 5 inches over night and then we got more snow on and off throughout the next day. When the sun came out it started to melt but it stuck around in the shadows for about 3 days. Our lowest tempurature since we've lived here was about 10 degrees.

As you can see that we defintely still had fall colors when the snow came:






In our front room we have three very large windows, this was our view while it was snowing more later that day:


I love the weather here and I'm pretty excited to see some of the real mountain snows here! I'm sure by the time Spring actually comes I'll be ready for a warm up.

2 comments:

DP said...

Those are some beautiful pictures, but it's too early for snow!

Jennifer said...

It does seem to early for snow, but I guess not at these elevations! Oh, and guess what?! We got snow yesterday and today!!!