Sunday, November 16, 2008

Getting Settled

Well, we feel like we are really getting settled in here. We actually started decorating a few weeks ago! It always takes me forever to get our houses decorated. I don't know why I'm so slow at it, but it has been started. I think that secretly I hope that if I put it off long enough one of those freaky decorators from tv will appear in my living room to do it for me. As you can see Joel's deer finally has a nice home (I think that is Joel's favorite part of the whole house).



This last Saturday Joel and I went to another Air Force Academy football game. It was a blast and we had great seats. They played BYU and unfortunately they lost. The two games we went to this year were definitely their toughest games and even though they lost it was a really fun game.

This time we sat next to the entire section of cadets. It was beyond loud for entire game! They start the game by having the cadets march onto the field with the flags. I think that it's only the underclassmen but I'm not totally sure. After the national anthem they storm off the field and run into the section that is reserved for them.




The fly over included three very low F-15 and then there were seven people who parachuted onto the field with different flags and banners.





This is one of my favorite parts of the games. When they want the crowd to get loud they show parts of the big battle scene from "Brave Heart". The crowd really goes wild!



Oh, and guess what! We've had three more snows since my last post.

2 comments:

DP said...

Hey, my brother has one of those in his house too!
http://tehp.blogspot.com/2008/06/i-have-one-of-these.html

Jennifer said...

I read that blog post...It's hilarious how he got it!