Friday, October 3, 2008

Fall in the Rockies

Last Sunday after church Joel and I took a drive up to Cripple Creek to see the changing aspen trees. Cripple Creek sits at 9,500 ft (about 1,000 ft above us). There are more aspens there than in most other places because way "back in the day" the people who settled the area to mine cut down the pine trees for lumber.

This weekend the colors are supposed to be even better, but we probably won't make it up there again. The bright yellows and oranges were beautiful against the dark green of the pine trees.

I've always loved seeing Fall in Kansas and the Ozarks so I was pleasantly surprised to see so much color. I know it's still not the same, but here's a handful of my favorite photos.






6 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww! Those pictures are gorgeous! You make me miss the United States!

Anonymous said...

The pictures are really great. We are glad you are having a good time living up there. Love Ya!

Matthew said...

I have wanted to see the aspens change colors for years and still haven't made it! Bummer. Great pictures!

Anonymous said...

CAn you send some of that prettiness to Oklahoma. We lost all of our trees last winter. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Hey we miss you guys. Hope all is well in Colorado. It looks so beautiful. Are you happy there?

Anonymous said...

That was me, Amy Acker. I don't know why it said I was anonymous. Like you are really going to comment to an anonymous person!It won't let me put my name in there for some reason! Rrr!